Partner, began in 2015
Areas of Practice
Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
Juris Doctorate – 2005
Manchester College, North Manchester, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, Political Science – 2002
Chris Gilley’s practice focuses on Criminal and Family Law. He thrives in the courtroom and has tried over 100 jury trials. Chris handles all types of Criminal Law, from Misdemeanors to Major Felonies. He has trained law enforcement, attorneys and judges on Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) principles of law. Chris’s years of experience as a prosecutor affords him insight to give clients reasonable expectations on how cases will progress. Based on Chris’s reputation in criminal law, he has been appointed a public defender in Madison County Circuit Court #1.
Chris is also an advocate for father’s rights and strives to get equal custody and visitation treatment for men involved in custody disputes.
Prior to starting GDS Law Group, Chris was a prosecutor in Hamilton, Marion and Madison counties. He is an avid sports fan and enjoys watching games with friends when he is not in the courtroom.
Chris received his J.D. from Ohio Northern University in 2005 and received his B.S. in Political Science from Manchester College in 2002. Chris grew up in Plymouth, IN.
What makes Chris unique to work with?
- Zest to help others
- Extremely attentive to clients needs
- Great past experience as a prosecutor that helps to understand the mindset of prosecutors
- Tried more juries than most attorneys
- Greater skill and ability in OWI cases compared to other attorneys
- State of Indiana
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana
- Madison County Bar Association, Member
Past Work Experience
- Hamilton County Prosecutors Office
- Marion County Prosecutors Office
- Madison County Prosecutors Office
- Keffer Gilley Barnhart Indianapolis
- Chris Gilley Law
- Gilley and Cogswell Law
- Cogswell Gilley Summerfield Law Group